Coronavirus – Covid-19 Guidance
PLAYING OUR COURSE IN A RESPONSIBLE AND SAFE WAY
SAFEGUARDING MEASURES FOR PLAYING OUR COURSE
As we move into Phase 2 of our re-opening it is essential that golfers continue to act in a responsible and safe way and that government advice and policy are adhered to at all times. See the links below for the current guidance:
We are confident that allowing golfers to enjoy their sport in a safe and controlled environment will provide the mental and physical health benefits to help improve the wellbeing of those playing at the club.
This practical guide outlines the robust, monitored measures we have and are taking to help safeguard our staff, members and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic. For golfers, the measures cover each step of the journey from home to 1st tee, on the course and back home again. These measures are in place seven days a week. Failure to comply with them or with a request from a member of staff, starter or marshal will result in penalties being imposed on the individual concerned.
Our measures and procedures are under constant review. They will be updated as advice from government, health authorities and the sport’s governing bodies evolves in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions.
Members, Members’ guests and visitors are now welcome at the club.
To access the course, a player must:
• Be a paid up Member of CFGC
• A Member’s guest
• A Visitor
• Not have been out of the country for over 14 days
• Not be in self-isolation
• Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
• Have a pre-reserved tee time
BOOKING AND ARRIVAL
• Booking a tee time in advance is compulsory – via website, app, or phone.
• Members may book in themselves and a fellow member up to 7 days in advance
• Members may book in their guest up to 7 days in advance by phone
• Visitors may book and pre-pay by phone on the day they wish to play
• Tee times are limited to singletons, two balls or up to three people playing together from the same household
• There is no limit to the number of times you may play a week
• We require all guests and visitors to provide a phone number and email address to enable contact tracing. Members’ guests will be tracked via the member
• Golf equipment should be washed before a player leaves home
• Golfers should travel to the club alone, or with a member of the same household
• Ensure social distancing in the car park – leave as much room as possible between cars
• Arrive at the club no more than 20 minutes prior to reserved tee time
• Players should arrive in golf attire and change shoes in the car park
• Observe social distancing always and resist the temptation to mingle
• All areas of the clubhouse are closed
• Players must provide their own golf clubs
• Sanitised trolleys and buggies are available for hire. They must only be used by one person and carry one set of clubs. No non-players. They must be pre-booked and will only be made available if they have been disinfected between use.
• Report straight to the Golf Shop or marshal upon arrival to check-in – which is mandatory
CHECK-IN AND GOLF SHOP PROTOCOL
The shop will remain closed.
• Members, guests and visitors should speak to the marshal in the car park or the shop by phone to check in. If no one is there, sign the book in the porch with your own pen/pencil
• Any item you require from the shop order by phone. These will be brought to the door and placed on a table
• Maintain social distancing when picking up items – only one person on the steps at a time
• Payment should be made on-line or by phone – no cash
• Scorecards available from the table in the entrance
• Social golf only. There will be no competitive golf
• All areas of the clubhouse (including locker rooms and toilets) and shop are closed to all but staff. If the door is open, do not enter
• The on-course toilet is closed
TO THE FIRST TEE
• You may only play as the grouping booked in advance or with the shop
• 1 tee start will be used – this may vary between the 1st and 10th tee with games starting at 10 minute intervals. These times are to be strictly observed to ensure minimum time spacing
• Practice facilities may only be used by those about to play. Practice by itself is not allowed.
• The putting green is open with raised cups, limited to 2 players. Players must observe social distancing
• Practice areas are open, but use your own balls. Only one net will be open. Players practicing must observe social distancing
• Arrive at the designated start tee no more than 5 minutes prior to the reserved tee time
• A ‘Social Distancing Marshal’ will patrol the car park, first tees and practice areas to ensure player adherence to protocol and help avoid group gatherings
• Social spacing signage identifies the 1st and 10th tee waiting areas
• Any player(s) not following directions will be asked to leave the course
• A solo golfer may be accompanied by either a household member or a person from outside their household. In the case of the latter example, social distancing rules must be observed. Existing groups of two, three or four golfers cannot be joined on course by anyone else.
ON THE COURSE
• Social distancing observed throughout, particularly on tees and greens
• Social spacing signage identifies waiting areas on tee box approaches
• Rubbish bins and divot bins have been removed – please take your rubbish home
• Ball washers have been removed or covered over
• Bunker rakes removed, players to smooth sand with feet prior to shot and after
• Par three holes are compulsory call up holes apart from the 8th and 15th
• Hole cups raised for simple, contact-free ball retrieval
• Once a hole is completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole
• Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area
• Equipment, food, and drink must not be exchanged between players
• Players must not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball
• Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives
• The bell is disabled on the 11th hole. Ring it using your club as per the sign.
• The signal is disabled on the 16th hole. Do not play to the green until called up by the group ahead, who after putting out will walk back and call up the group behind. Reminder signs are on the course.
• Gates between the 16th green and 17th tee must be left open.
Please respect the direction of our staff, starter and marshals and please do not approach the green keepers
GETTING HOME SAFELY
• Post-round, players must return straight to their cars and must not linger anywhere around the club house or course
• The club house will remain closed
• Ensure clubs and equipment are cleaned thoroughly after use
• Players are requested to have the NHS tracing app on their phones when available
• Any Member or Visitor developing post-round health issues or COVID-19 related symptoms must call Golf Services on 01296 631267 or email GolfServices@chilternforest.co.uk as soon as possible so that those that they may have come into contact with can be informed
PENALTIES FOR NON OBSERVANCE OF THESE PROTOCOLS
• Visitors will be asked to leave the course and not return for 3 months
• Members will be suspended from the club for 7 days for the first offence and up to three months for the second