NEW EVENING COMPETITION
6-Hole Evening Scramble: Thursday 24th May 2018
Now that Summer Time has arrived, the way is open for evening golf. We are introducing a new evening 6-hole competition, called the “Networking Scramble.” This will allow golfers from the local business community and CFGC members to play in a fun, short form evening competition. Highlights of the new competition are:
– Format: 6-hole Texas Scramble(teams of 4)
– Individual entries welcome (we will put you in a team)
– Teams from local businesses will be welcome
– Entry fee £2.50 per person
– Prizes for the winning teams
– Teeing off from 5:30pm. Last tee time is 6.30pm
– Closing date for entries – 23rd May
If you work locally, why not put a team together with your work colleagues and join us for the first Networking Scramble on Thursday 24th May?
Individual entrants are welcome, and a sign-up sheet is posted in the club house or message firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ladies Open with be a team event, 3-ball Alliance Stableford (2 scores to count) played over 18 holes.
- – Date – Monday 9 July, first tee time 10:00am
- – Entry Fee – £102 per team (teams of 3)
- – Format – 3-Ball Alliance Stableford – 2 scores to count
- – Meal – Tea/ coffee on arrival, halfway house and a buffet meal to follow. Please advise any dietary requirements
- – Prizes – 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 2 Nearest the pins and a longest drive
- – Entry cut off – 31 May
The 15th Senior Open will be a PAIRS BETTER BALL STABLEFORD competition held over 18 holes. The competition is open to all players aged 55 yrs or over who hold a handicap of 24 or below. Higher handicap players welcome however they will only receive a handicap allowance of 24. Entries will be limited to the first 52 pairs who apply with a maximum of fifteen pairs coming from Chiltern Forest. (This may increase if spaces available.)
- – Date – Thursday 6th September
- – Entry Fee – £30 for Visitors. £23 for members
- – How to pay – cheque, bank transfer or cash
- – Handicap restrictions – restricted at 24
- – Meal – Coffee and bacon roll on arrival and a two course carvery meal prior to the prizes
- – Prizes – 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 2 Nearest the pins and a longest drive. CFGC members can only win one prize
- – Entry cut off – 24th August
We invite you to visit our golf club and welcome the opportunity to share our golf course as well as our outstanding golf club facilities with you.
Why not take some time and look through our website to see what Chiltern Forest Golf Club can offer you. We want to ensure your experience is one to remember.
Useful Information for Arrival
- – The clubhouse and the Pro Shop opens at 7:30am
- – All golfers should report to the Pro Shop on arrival
- – The staff will inform you of course conditions, provide details of entry to the clubhouse and changing rooms and see to all your golfing needs for the day
- – We have a dress code for the golf course and the clubhouse. Please take time to look at this and ensure you comply before starting your round
- – Local Rules are given on the back of the scorecard and you are advised to check the noticeboard in the entrance hall for the full list and seasonal variations
- – We run variable start times from the 1st and 10th tees. Check with the Pro Shop before play to know which tee you need to start from
- – Please make sure you arrive at the first tee 5 minutes before your tee time
What to wear
Golfers should wear attire appropriate to the sport and clothing should not be scruffy or torn. The dress code in the clubhouses is smart/casual. Specific events may have their own dress code for the meal.